If your oral hygiene begins to suffer, you could end up with the beginning stages of gum disease known as gingivitis. For a better understanding of the basics of gingivitis, listed below are some important facts to think about:
– Poor oral health habits such as smoking or chewing tobacco can cause gingivitis to develop.
– Gingivitis can be caused by poor oral hygiene, especially if you fail to brush your teeth twice daily and floss once daily.
– If left untreated, gingivitis can lead to severe gum disease and eventual tooth loss.
– Gingivitis is usually first spotted in your gums that bleed regularly or easily.
– If your gums are showing signs of excessive redness, swelling, or tenderness in your gums, you may have gingivitis.
– Bad breath, also known as halitosis is a known symptom of gingivitis.
– The risk for developing gingivitis can be caused by pregnancy, genetics, diabetes, and medications.
Gingivitis can be treated with the help of our licensed professionals at Eastside Implants & Periodontics. To book an appointment with Dr. Waleed Rhebi at our dentist office in Center Line, Michigan, please contact us at 586-757-5454. We look forward to hearing from you soon!